27 Montgomery St.
27 Montgomery is located on the Franklin Square in the Heart of Savannah’s Historic District. Just three blocks from Savannah’s Historic River Street, this site is in the center of active development. With two major hotels currently under construction on River Street, 27 Montgomery is the perfect location for a new restaurant or retail tenant. Additional nearby attractions include, City Market, Ellis Square and the Retail District of Broughton Street. First and Second Floor Space Available for Lease, Approximately 10,800 SF Total
Historic District Location
Established in 1733, Savannah has the largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States. Known for its cobblestone streets, manicured gardens and oak-shaded parks, the historic district contains 22 total tree filled squares. Since the mid-1990’s the tourism industry in Savannah has boomed with more than 13.4 million people visiting anuually. More than $2.4 billion dollars are spent each year by the tourists the city welcomes.
27 Montgomery Street is within walking distance of multiple hotels, restaurants, shops, churches, banks, museums, and office buildings. Located on Franklin Square and only three blocks from Historic River Street, the site is easily accessible to both visitors and local residents. Just north of the site, two major hotels are currently under construction, with plans to begin a third just around the corner on MLK Jr Blvd.
Located at City Market, 27 Montgomery Street is within a 5 minute walk to Historic River Street, Ellis Square, and the Broughton Street Retail District. City Market is a popular tourist destination and is great spot to shop, dine, and listen to live music. Only three blocks north of the site you can walk along the Savannah River on the cobble stone River Street lined with shops, bars and restaurants. One block south of the site is the recently revitalized, Broughton Street Retail District. Broughton Street hosts local, national, and international retail tenants in addition to local and national restaurants.
Named after Ben Franklin, Franklin Square was once known as watertower square as it housed the city’s water tank. The existing building at 27 Montgomery had various uses throughout history. Sanborn Maps from 1898 indicate the building was once a cigar factory. Additionally, the western portion of the building was historically used as a boarding house. While the boarding house building no longer remains, the vacant lot there today provides a great opportunity for outdoor dining to a potential restaurant tenant.
Available Space for Lease:
First Floor: 5,400 SF
Second Floor: 5,400 SF
Total Square Footage: 10,800sf